Monday, June 14, 2010

every band has one...

Good Friday and I'm miles away/and missing you already/from a backyard in Balmain/To the postoffice and back again/I bought a postcard/ I'm getting close/But I haven't got around to it yet/I know I'd said I'd write/and maybe I might

You know I'm thinking of you/In the bookstore, in the laundromat/Guess how much I love you/Much more/More than that, more than that

Better Saturday/It's been that way since I spoke to you this morning/From a payphone in a pub/Here's the rock'n'roll, and here's the rub/And when I spoke to you you said 'I'll see you soon'/But I won't see you for ages/And your voice sounded so small/The loneliness of the long distance phone call

You know I'm thinking of you/In the bookstore, in the laundromat/Guess how much I love you/Much more/More than that, more than that/Guess how much I love you/Much more/More than that

Here's me/Here's you/Draw a line between the two/This is cartography for beginners/On a map the gap's three fingers/But it's more than that/More than that


The Lucksmiths - Guess How Much I Love You
image via weheartit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day. Seriously. It's a little pathetic... xx