Friday, August 14, 2009

A (rather lovely) wedding I once worked on...












There is NOTHING more exciting* to me then when I meet with a bride who wants to create something amazing and a little bit different for her wedding. Whether it's classic with an edge, romantic with a twist, when it's made clear that they want something spectacular for their day, my excitement levels go a little nuts. So when I first met with the lovely Kate and her mum Fiona, I was thrilled when they showed me the gorgeous bridesmaids dresses, and the incredible wedding gown from Alex Perry. All brides tend to find something they love and plan from there, and this dress was no exception. Romantic, vintage, and still classic, we decided on long stemmed roses and David Austen roses, the bridal bouquet in creams and the bridemaids all slightly different pinks to work with their dresses. The tables were laden with vases of pink blooms and small vintage birdcages, and the table settings each had a giant soft pink dahlia. The seating arrangements were pinned onto a board with antique brooches, and an heirloom brooch was pinned on Kate's bouquet. Two finches chirped happily from the welcome table, and little bird's nests with sweet almonds were lovely little treats for each guest.

I could go on and on about the detail that went into this wedding, and how beautiful it was...but I won't, because I have deliveries to do! Woo! But if you'd like more detail, I'm very proud to say this wedding was featured in the Cosmo Bride Best Real Weddings Issue 2009, and if you ask real nice, your local newsagent may still have one.


*There are a few things...


Photography by Global Sanctuary Photography at http://www.globalsanctuary.biz/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day. Seriously. It's a little pathetic... xx