Brought to us by Women's Day, August 1968, special Love Issue.
I won't lie. There are some brilliant ideas here.
- Get him a goldfish and name it after him.
- Stop reading this page and stare at him, hard.
- Say "Good morning" first.
- Write him a letter and tell him you wish some of your joint love could be put in a tiny time capsule so people would know about it years from now.
- Put your chair next to his favourite reading chair (even if it does mess up the furniture arrangement).
- Get him a long shoehorn and some new shoe laces.
- Put two "I love you" notes in his socks.
- Think of a country outing to go on together. And dot on freckles if you're not lucky enough to have your own.
- Call his mother again.
- Keep his cologne in the fridge. He'll love the fresh electric shock of pre-chilled cologne.
- Hum "Silent Night" while he dozes of to sleep.
- Put a fresh carnation in his lapel.
- Pat him on the head for his business efforts. Let him know you know it's tough.
- Greet him at the door wearing a false moustache. He'll think you're a nut but probably kiss you anyway.
- Visit your local lingerie lair and fetch something fetching.
- Buy him an interesting tie.
- Wrap a flower chain around the banister heading upstairs.
- Learn how to make fried bananas without destroying them. It takes a lot of light handed practice.
- Call him "Sweet Pea".
- Get a set of matching shower caps.
- Buy him new underwear. Let him know you care about his comfort 24 hours a day.
- Pat him on the head some more.
- Tickle his toes.
- Find out how to say "I love you" in Chinese and make him a chop suey dinner.
- Call him "Adonis" at the breakfast table.
And OH how I wish I had time to write some more...