Monday, August 1, 2011

why hello...

Well my lovely readers, let me first of all apologise for my quietness on the bloggy front of late! Many exciting and cultural experiences have been keeping me on my toes, as well as some battery losing mishaps and an unusual amount of baking. Flour and keyboards do not mix, no siree!

To keep things less like a novel and more like an enjoyable novella (I do not know what this is, apart from it sounding like a much shorter novel), I shall use dot points to get you up to speed! And so without further nonsensical chat from me, here is a wee list of my recent acitivities...

* Berry picking! Oh how my sticky and stained hands delighted in these adventures! Apparently (here comes some history), Blairgowrie used to be the berry central of Europe. Fancy eh?! And so now when foreigners come (like moi!), we embarrass ourselves needlessly by going a bit bonkers over the berries, their size (they are HUGE!) and the sheer volume and cheapiness of them. Berry delight? I think so!

*Jam making! If you're a clever bunny you'll be able to see how the former point and this one link together. I have been delighting in boiling up all manner of soft fruits into delectable treats for anyone who will take them! The boy however, does not enjoy any sort of cooked fruit. Therefore, it's just up to me to finish it off. I won't lie, I am up to the task. To summerise jam making: surprisingly easy, excessively messy, delightfully tasty!

*News of an impending visit from my dear sister and her newest little poppet! This has sent me into a delirium of baby products and cot finding, which may have the neighbours suspicious.

*Trying my hand at the delightfully soothing craft of knitting. What started as a scarf for my 2 year old niece became a scarf for my 30 year old sister and is now looking like it may end up being a blanket. But heck, you can only try eh?

*Receiving not only two truly delightful Real Living magazines in the post BUT the hugest and most delicous H&M catalogue which I devoured cover to cover and which are now sitting proudly on our 'magazine crate' (so called because it is a crate upon which sits magazines)!

*Celebrating Wattle Day whilst enduring looks of pity and scorn from the locals. Anything that resembles sunshine is mine! OH how I miss the sun!

And there it is. Whilst not an exhaustive list (oh no, I did many things and more besides, but then that wouldn't be a novella now, would it?), I feel as though we have caught up, much like old friends. I have some delightful finds from local stores, new ideas and excellent stories of the English language being lost between the Scots and Australians, but I shall save them for another day. I do hope you have a wonderful day today, and wherever you are, please (PLEASE), let there be sunshine!

xx

2 comments:

  1. Definitely sunshine here!

    I can only imagine how excited you are about your sister and niece visiting. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry we cant give you lovely warm sunshine....we can howevever give you lots and lots of warm friendship......visit soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Seriously. It's a little pathetic... xx